- Central Intelligence Agency. (2016). The World Factbook: Italy. Retrieved from https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/it.html.
- COMMISCEO Global. (2016). Italy Guide. Retrieved from http://www.commisceo-global.com/country-guides/italy-guide.
- Countries and their Cultures. (n.d.). Italy. Retrieved from http://www.everyculture.com/Ge-It/Italy.html.
- Department of Immigration and Citizenship. (2015). Community Information Summary: Italy-born. Retrieved from https://www.dss.gov.au/sites/default/files/documents/02_2014/italy.pdf.
- Dresser, N. (1996). Multicultural Manners. New York: J. Wiley & Sons.
- eDiplomat. (2016). Italy. Retrieved from http://www.ediplomat.com/np/cultural_etiquette/ce_it.htm.
- Education First. (2015). EF EPI English Proficiency Index 2015: Italy. Retrieved from http://www.ef.edu/epi/regions/europe/italy/.
- Fact Monster. (n.d.). Italy. Retrieved from http://www.factmonster.com/ipka/A0107658.html.
- Geert Hofstede. (2016). Italy. Retrieved from http://geert-hofstede.com/italy.html.
- Global Affairs Canada. (2014). Cultural Information - Italy. Retrieved from https://www.international.gc.ca/cil-cai/country_insights-apercus_pays/ci-ic_it.aspx?lang=eng#cn-2.
- Just Landed. (2010). Social customs in Italy. Retrieved from https://www.justlanded.com/english/Italy/Articles/Culture/Social-customs-in-Italy.
- Khalidi, S, F. McIlroy and H. Neumayer. (2012). The Cultural Dictionary and Directory. Canberra: Migrant and Refugee Settlement Services of the ACT Inc.
- Lewis, R. D. (2006). When Cultures Collide. Boston: Nicholas Brealey International.
- Life in Italy. (2015). Italian Families: Then and Now. Retrieved from http://www.lifeinitaly.com/italian-families-then-and-now.
- Tosolini, F. (2007). The Etiquette of Gift Giving in Italy. Retrieved from http://italyfromtheinside.com/2007/01/the-etiquette-of-gift-giving-in-italy.html.
- Transparency International. (2015). Italy. Retrieved from http://www.transparency.org/country/#ITA.
- Worldometers. (2016). Countries in the world by population. Retrieved from http://www.worldometers.info/world-population/population-by-country/.
- Zullo, R. (2013). Customs and Etiquette in Italy. Retrieved from http://rickzullo.com/customs-etiquette-italy/.
Population61,070,2240.84% of World Population
LanguagesItalian (official)EnglishFrenchSpanishGermanOther regional dialects
ReligionsChristianity (80%)No Religion (20%)Islam (1.67%)
EthnicitiesItalianRomanianAlbanianSmall groups of German, French, Slovenian, Greek
English ProficiencyWell (54.02%)
Power Distance 50 Individualism 76 Masculinity 70 Uncertainty Avoidance 75 Long Term Orientation 61 Indulgence 30 What's this?
Australians with Italian Ancestry916,121
Italians in Australia
GenderMale (51.1%)Female (48.9%)
ReligionCatholic Christianity (91%)No Religion (3.3%)Jehovah's Witnesses (0.9%)Other (2.6%)
AncestryItalian (93.1%)English (1.1%)Australian (0.7%)Other (2.5%)
LanguagesItalian (80.8%)English (17.8%)Spanish (0.2%)Other (0.7%)
English ProficiencyWell (74.3%)Not Well (24.2%)
DiasporaVictoria (41.5%)New South Wales (27.8%)South Australia (11.2%)Western Australia (10.5%)
Arrival to AustraliaPrior to 2001 (89.7%)2001-2006 (1.4%)2006-2011 (2%)